I love a good crunchy rainbow slaw and I love one with so many colours, hence the rainbow! In my eyes, the more colours, the merrier. This beauty has liver-loving beets, eye-loving carrots and brain-loving cabbage. I love the texture of this salad. The crunch of the pomegranates with the smoothness of the dijon mustard. Yum, yum and yum!
Serves 4 as a side.
- 3 carrots, shredded.
- 2 beets, shredded.
- 1/4 green cabbage, shredded.
- 1 pomegranate, seeded.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Handful of almonds, roughly chopped.
- Combine shredded carrots, beets and cabbage in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the pomegranate seeds. Mix well.
- Combine dijon mustard, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. You may need to adjust to desired quantity. Dress salad.
- Garnish salad with almonds.
Other salad recipes you might like include a roasted broccoli and cabbage special as well as a herby and nutty quinoa beauty.