I have been on a bit of a cabbage run lately. I love the humble cabbage and am enjoying all that it has to offer! Its a cheap and versatile vegetable packed full of so many nutrients. My favourite way to enjoy it is roasted, hence, why I am sharing this most fabulous side dish that I created the other evening.
Tune in to my previous Food of the Week: Cabbage for all its amazing health benefits.
In the mean time, let me introduce you to my roasted cabbage wedges with a fabulous garlic tahini drizzle.
Serves 3 as a side.
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced into 3 wedges.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Optional: Dukkah or mixed seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Arrange cabbage onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast until desired. I usually roast for 30-40 minutes, until the outside is crispy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Mix well.
- Add small amounts of water to this dressing until desired consistency is reached.
- Arrange cabbage on a plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Optional: Sprinkle with seeds or dukkah.