I don’t know what it is about smoothies…but I’m quite obsessed. I mean they’re convenient, can be made exactly to taste and are the perfect drink for a warm sunny day (which in Perth, we certainly have no shortage of!). I mean what is there not to love!
I love my smoothies thick; the need for a spoon type of thick! So, you could guess my excitement when one sunny Spring afternoon I whipped this beauty of a smoothie up. It was so thick and tasty that I was willing to move aside from the ‘smoothie’ label and introduce a new label – ‘thickshake’ – and that is exactly what it was!
The most perfect afternoon pick-me-up, it was definitely too good not to share, hence, here I am doing just that.
Get your mason jars ready and a thick straw/spoon because this beauty will knock your socks off!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk/water**
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small frozen zucchini
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao
- 1 heaped tablespoon oats
- Optional: one medjool date for extra sweetness. Sometimes, I add a small amount of chia seeds for some extra oomph. If you do this, just add a little more liquid of your choice.
- Place everything in a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
**I love to serve mine thick, so if you don’t like the consistency just add a little more milk/water.
Happy smoothie making!